Park visitors gather to watch the Parade of Sail (HRM 2009)
Point Pleasant Park is a place of civic pride and a natural meeting place for our community. Whether it's a family picnic, a charity run, the annual Remembrance Day service at the Sailors Monument, or just a stroll in the forest, the park is an ideal place to connect with your community.
A Fine Balance
Balancing park use with the health and sustainability of the landscape that makes Point Pleasant a beautiful place to visit requires us to manage park activities.
Typical events that are booked at the park are:
- Community / Family / Corporate picnics
- Organized walks & runs
- School field trips
- Small wedding ceremonies & wedding party photo shoots
Before booking you should be prepared to give some basic information:
- Complete contact information
- Type of event
- Date of event
- Time of event
- Length of time anticipated in the park
- Number of attendees
- Special needs
To book an event or location in the park please contact us at: 490-7100 (press 1 when prompted, then press 1 again when prompted the second time).
Download a copy of our "Booking Procedures" HERE.
- HRM cannot guarantee that all events will be accepted for booking. Bookings must be made a minimum of 5 business days in advance of the event.
- Commercial events and third party commerical bookings of weddings and photographs are not allowed.
- Photography/filming in the park is by permit only and at the discretion of the Supervisor of Major Parks.
- Point Pleasant Park does not have indoor facilities for bookings; however you may wish to consider HRM's St. Mary's Boat Club for your event.