Cycling in Point Pleasant Park
Cycling is a great way to enjoy Point Pleasant Park. Please be aware that you will be sharing the park with park staff, walkers, dog walkers and their off-leash dogs, runners, picnickers, artists, birders, and the occasional gaggle of preschool children.
The Courteous Cyclist
Share the road is an important motto for park users. It can be a busy place at times, and many visitors are focused on the beauty of the landscape and the panoramic views to the sea.
Extra care is needed when cycling in the park: please watch your speed.
- Cycling is permitted Monday to Friday, except on statutory holidays.
- Cycling is NOT permitted on weekends.
- Cycling is NOT permitted on statutory holidays (Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, etc.).
- Cycling is NOT permitted on forest trails, or off-road.
- Bicycle helmets must be worn while cycling in the park.
- Bicycles are vehicles and are subject to vehicle speed regulations in the park.
Failure to obey cycling regulations in the park may result in a substantial fine.
Other cycling links: